A.A.R.F. makes every attempt possible to find forever homes for these animals. Relocating animals from home to home has a negative affect on animals, therefore, we strive to do it right the first time. Rescue animals in general come with some type of emotional baggage. Since we were not there to see what they have experienced and witnessed, we cannot guarantee you the perfect animal immediately. All animals take patience, time, work and commitment - some rescue animals may exceed the normal amount that one would expect.
By electronically signing and submitting this contract to A.A.R.F., you are stating that you understand the mission of this organization; you understand what is expected of you in regard to caring for this animal; and you are ready, willing, and able to make this lifelong commitment to this animal.
As the Applicant, I agree to:
- Keep a properly fitted collar on my dog at all times and an identification tag in the case that he or she gets separated from me;
- Obtain any and all licenses required by the State and/or local authorities;
- Provide the above referenced pet with necessary inoculations at the intervals advised by my veterinarian (A.A.R.F. is not responsible for any medical fees incurred after the date of the adoption);
- Have the above referenced pet under my control when it is not on the confines of my property. A secured area, and shelter will be provided for dogs, and cats will be housed indoors only, unless specified;
- Not keep my pet tied up or chained for extended lengths of time;
- Contact A.A.R.F. if I cannot keep my pet for any reason. I will contact A.A.R.F. to offer the animal back to the organization before relinquishing
custody or possession of the animal to anyone else or finding another no-kill rescue organization to surrender my pet to;
- Not abuse or neglect my new adopted pet and I authorize A.A.R.F., at their sole discretion, to determine whether or not the pet has been abused or neglected. A.A.R.F. reserves the right to follow up on any adoption via telephone, e-mail or scheduled home visitation at a mutually agreed upon time between adopter and A.A.R.F. volunteer;
- Not engage my new pet in any aggressive acts, such as dog fighting.
By electronically signing and submitting this contract to A.A.R.F., you understand that any failure to perform the foregoing agreement will constitute a breach of contract. In the event of any such breach of contract, you authorize A.A.R.F. to reclaim both possession and ownership of the adopted pet. You also understand that the pet covered by these adoption papers, is as far as can be determined by A.A.R.F., in good health. A.A.R.F. always recommends taking your new pet to the vet following adoption. I understand that there is no guarantee from A.A.R.F. regarding health, age, breed, or temperament of my new pet. I hereby release and agree to hold harmless A.A.R.F. from any claim, liability or cause of action arising from this adoption. I certify that I have read and agree to the requirements listed above. I understand that only under certain circumstances, as determined by A.A.R.F., and at their sole discretion, will a refund be issued if for whatever reason I need to return my pet.